AFC house training
Over the weekend of July 13th and 14th Adams did live burn training in a house on Niagara Falls Blvd. The house was donated to AFC by Pellicano's meat market for training. Multiple live burns and drills have took place in order to enhance our training.
Asst Chief LaDuca accepts job with NTFD
Congratulations to Mark LaDuca on accepting a position with the North Tonawanda Fire Department. Mark was a member of Adams for nearly six years and currently serving as an Assistant Chief. Mark was a dedicated hard worker and role model for those in the Company. We wish Mark the best in his new beginning.
Motorcycle tree accident
On July 13th Adams responded to a motorcycle that struck a tree on Shawnee Road. No serious injuries were sustained for the occupants of the motorcycles.
Dry conditions bring mulch and grass fires
Due to dry conditions over the past month Adams, and many other area Fire Companies, have been responding to grass fires and mulch fires around houses. Due to these conditions please be vigilant with open burns and smoking. There have been many house fire attributed to smokers throwing cigarette butts in the mulch and mulch catching houses on fire.
On June 15th AFC responded to a report of a house possibly on fire. A neighbor quickly extinguished a fire that started in the garden and started to spread to the house. It was found that a flower pot ignited and started the fire. Shortly after a neighbor observed the pot on fire and extinguished it.
On June 14th AFC responded to a two car motor vehicle accident on Niagara Falls Blvd. No serious injuries were reported on scene.
Head on accident on Niagara Falls Blvd
AFC responded to a 2 car head on accident on Niagara Falls Blvd this on June 12th. No serious injuries were reported on scene.
Car vs tree MVA
On 4/27/18 Adams responded to a car vs tree MVA on Shawnee Road. It was found the driver went off the side of the road, hit an tree, then drove through a wooded area and came to rest in a ditch. Non life threatening injuries were sustained by the driver.
94th Annual Installation Dinner
On April 14th we celebrated our 94th Installation dinner. We braved the ice storm and celebrated our accomplishments in 2017 and to the future. Our line, administrative, ladies auxiliary and jr firefighters were all sworn into office.
Firefighters were also presented awards for the 2017 for their accomplishments. Congratulations to all officers that were installed and to all for what you did in 2017 and continue to do for the community.
2018 Line Officers
2018 Administrative Officers
Firefighter of year - Dave Derion and Bob Pino
Rookie of the year - Jeremy Hussey
EMS provider of the year - Kevin Hodgson
Training award - Brandon Derion
Most Calls (512) - Kevin Hodgson
Wind storms causes havoc on Adams district
On April 4th a windstorm rolled through Western NY causing extensive damage in its path including power outages, flooding, and trees and power lines being knocked down. Adams responded to a total of 9 calls for service including restoring power to traffic lights, flooded basements, trees in the road way and shutting down a major road due to a tree that took down power lines.
Rollover car accident
On March 9th AFC responded to a one car rollover accident. One patient was transported to ECMC with minor injuries
Residence fills with smoke
On February 26th AFC responded along with Shawnee for a house that had a possible electrical problem and was filling with smoke. The source was found and contained with no further damages.
Girl Scouts visit AFC
Fire prevention is not just for a month in October, its all year long. Asst Chief LaDuca took some time out of his day to show the Girl Scouts around the fire hall and teach about fire prevention.
Smoke scare in residence
On February 15th AFC was assisted by St Johnsburg for a smoke investigation in a residence. No problems were found at the scene.
Bus Accident near Niagara Falls Blvd
On February 6th Adams responded to a bus vs car accident. No injuries were present and everyone left the scene in a safe matter.
Hit and Run accident on Townline Road
On January 23rd Adams responded to a two car motor vehicle accident. Prior to AFC arrival one driver from the accident left the scene. The Niagara County Sheriffs Office located the driver and no major injuries were reported.
Mutual Aid Fire with Bergholz
On January 8th, the Niagara County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call reporting a chimney fire on Danielle Drive. Upon patrols arrival, they found a working structure fire around the chimney of the home. The fire then spread to the attic and second floor of the residence. Adams assisted the Bergholz, St Johnsburg, and Frontier fire companies in containing the fire in those areas preventing further damage. Three adult occupants that were inside the home when the fire started and were able to safely evacuate the residence. The Niagara County Origin and Cause Team responded and investigation is continuing.